Buckeye Surface Maintenance uses hot, rubberized crack sealing materials for cracks up to an inch in width. Larger cracks and alligatored areas need to be investigated further, and usually identify a more serious problem. Our site inspector or engineer will diagnose the causes and recommend repair methods.
Typical Crack Seal Specification
- Areas to be crack-sealed will be completed in sections to allow the parking lot to be functional for pedestrians and traffic flow at all times when necessary.
- All cracks designated for crack-sealing shall be between 0.25 inch minimum up to 1.0 inch maximum in width. Cracks over 1.0 inch wide may indicate a more serious issue and will be investigated further to determine the appropriate repair method.
- All cracks will be cleaned prior to sealing with forced air.
- The cracks will be sealed using hot (370-390 F), blended asphaltic resin and synthetic polymer rubber material.
- Due to the negative effect of moisture and to insure proper adhesion of crack fill material only dry cracks will be sealed.
- “Alligatored” areas will not be sealed unless specifically designated on the governing proposal/agreement.
Preventative Maintenance Services:
Structural Maintenance Services: